Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Philosophy Of Will Scene II

(in the Garden of Eden in front of the tree of knowledge of good and evil with Woman [Eve] and the serpent [Satan])
The Serpent: Woman
Woman: My husband calls me that
The Serpent: Is it not your name?
Woman: Yes, but how do you know it?
The Serpent: Is it also true that this Garden is yours?
Woman: It was given to my husband who in turn entrusts me with it.
The Serpent: So is it from any tree of the Garden that you may eat?
Woman: From any tree in the Garden we may eat except from the tree of knowledge of good and evil for to touch it we will positively die.
The Serpent: So why did you come over here?
Woman: I don't know I was just wandering.
The Serpent: Do you know why this solitary tree is forbidden out of all trees?
Woman: Because eating from it would mean death
The Serpent: Do you even know what death is?
Woman: It is the ceasing of existence.
The Serpent: Existence will not cease God knows that for a fact and that is why it is forbidden from you for in eating it you will have knowledge of good and evil, you will know like God does that existence cannot cease.
Woman: That makes sense but why wouldn't God tell us that? Perhaps I should ask Him why it is forbidden because I do not understand.
The Serpent: Why ask Him if you do not trust him?
Woman: I don't suppose I do trust Him after all it is called the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
(Woman takes the fruit and eats it as Adam sees her doing this)
Adam: Woman what are you doing?
Woman: Not dying.
Adam: So you're not.
(Adam takes a bite)
Woman: Do you feel God like?
Adam: No I feel vulnerable.
Woman: So do I.
Adam: I need protection, shelter.
Woman: So do I, give me that twig.
Adam: Why don't you get it if you're so wise?
Woman: Come on I feel naked
Adam: I'm getting out of here.
Woman: Where's that Serpent?
Adam: What Serpent?
Woman: The one who convinced me to eat from the tree.
Adam: You listened to a Serpent?
Woman: Don't yell at me.
(They run East)
Jehovah: Adam, Adam why are you hiding from the One who can see all?
Adam: I was hiding because I am naked and became ashamed.
Jehovah: How do you know you are naked? Who told you, you were?
Adam: I ate from the tree in the middle of the Garden Of Eden.
Jehovah: Why?
Adam: Because that Woman gave it to me to eat.
Woman: I did not you took it from me.
Jehovah: Silence, you have proven to be a disappointment. For the sake of your offspring you will live for a brief phase but you will positively die from this day and the life you shall have shall be of a diminished quality. No longer will food be in abundance but you shall labor, not only labor but also at times labor in vain for you took your responsibility in vain and Woman...
Woman: I only ate because the Serpent deceived me.
Jehovah: Nevertheless you listened without reason at the cost of your husband and offspring so on both their accounts your labor shall also increase and the Serpent shall crawl as the lowest of all Creation until a Righteous Seed shall rise to avenge his wrongdoing, his meddling is a bruise upon the heel that shall crush his head so that in which had empowered him for a moment shall destroy him forever. The Serpent's venom shall prove in vain, an empty substance.

No comments:

Post a Comment