Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Poetry Post 315

Twine Of Motives
A war is waging between my thoughts and feelings
Layered in a mesh its hard to pull the peelings
Good and bad motives seem outside and within
I can't reach my heart to see where to begin
In life so lost with confusion
Perhaps morals are merely an illusion

My Father
The man who raised me to know wrong from right
Is getting old and losing his foresight
In the war of life he's giving up the fight
He felt he needed to lead and command
I would have followed his lending leading hand
But what I really needed of him he couldn't understand
I just wanted someone who would listen and care
And try his hardest to always be there
And he succeeded but was not aware
We lived to have the other's approval
Only to be devastated by the other's removal
Giving in to death's unforgiving reproval

Detours
I may have not always been good
But I've been everything I could
It's hard wandering looking for where I came
When so many forks in the road all look the same
And every wrong turn is another disgrace
With another road you have to retrace
So each wrong brings more unraveling
Making a vain journey of life I've been traveling

No comments:

Post a Comment