Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Poetry Post (John's) 316

Failure Of The System
What culture rewards the pure and wise
Territorial brute force always steals the prize
Easy conquests runs the machines of our enterprise
As leaders die by integrity or live by compromise
Catering to the forces that demoralise
And blinds the heart of society's eyes
So that we see but can't recognize
The evil that we publicize

Nomadic Parasites
My heart is a nomadic parasite
Camping on a new prospect every night
I'm looking for something symbiotic
But finding a host is too chaotic
It's not that I can't earn my right to live
I have a lot of assets I'm ready to give
But I don't have the gift of adaptability
So in the jungle of love I'm a liability
So sleeping like a bat in a cave
I worry only about my own soul to save

Dreams Undetermined
When I dream of you
And all the things you do
I can see how you nurture and care
And I feel the dark strains of your softly coarse hair
And I hear you converse so intellectually wise
As I stare into your gentle piercing almond eyes
And from lips soft and full to my tender touch
I hear you stand firm to the beliefs that mean so much
But we can still share our disguarding wit
And enjoy the laughter and the sight of your cheeks fully lit
One day I shall rest my head on your tight muscular thighs
And trace its curavceous fruit without a sense of compromise
One day love will make us vulnerable
But sacred vows of monogamy will keep it honorable
And no restraints on our passion's fire
Except to be as the other one's desire
But is this true love or a dirty fetish
An honorable goal or a selfish wish
But I believe its love even if we're yet to meet
Because what I see in my mind is all that's concrete

No comments:

Post a Comment