Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Philosophy Of Will Scene IV

(About a millennium later in heaven with Jehovah, Jesus and others)
(Satan enters)
Jehovah: Where have you been?
Satan: Roaming about the Earth watching my triumph up close.
Jehovah: Then I suppose you haven't seen Job?
Satan: As a matter of fact I have.
Jehovah: Then you see the wisdom in righteousness
Satan: I see the profit in righteousness but would righteousness mean anything if no profit came of it?
Jesus: The point is that moral wisdom is always the most profitable.
Satan: In the long run, but if the mighty had the race and the wise the understanding then where is the test of faith?
Jehovah: No test in needed when you can read hearts.
Satan: And I'm just supposed to take your word on that or cannot I test it for myself.
Jehovah: You may test it, for anything you can do I can undo, but for the sake of this test I will not interfere until the test is over so long as you do not kill him.
Satan: He isn't mine to take until I corrupt him therefore if he is righteous you have nothing to fear, but as for his livestock and his seed that will be the first to go.
Jehovah: So be it he still praises me.
Satan: His wife shall discomfort him and what is man without a wife's support? Just a matching set missing one yet to discard itself.
Jesus: Hallelujah he rebukes her blasphemy
Satan: Flesh for flesh all that drives a man is his desire to survive.
Jesus: You mustn't kill him.
Jehovah: He won't but he will push his limits of existence until his pain surpasses death. It is a Satanic affliction not yet tested on man. Beware my Son for this is what you must endure.
Jesus: I have no fear for myself but in man's defected state can he maintain soundness in mind needed to keep integrity.
Jehovah: With my help all is possible.
Satan: That's cheating!
Jehovah: No, as food and rest nourish the man and is yet unchanged so is my essence to the spiritual being.
Satan: So as a virus I will enter into his friends to infect Job with spiritual ailment.
Jesus: And Job, with love for God's wisdom, wards off the disease like a pharmacist.
Jehovah: Nothing Elizer, Bildad or Zophar says has any affect only Elihu as he speaks with wisdom.
Satan: Livestocks of thousands robbed and slain, ten children dead, a marriage practically shattered and betrayal by friends yet his only sin provoked is a sense of self-justification.
Jesus: He has passed the test what greater sense of justification or self satisfaction can there be.
Jehovah: And so this test will be laid to rest as I set these five straight and adjudicate each to their own good and their own bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment