Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Poetry Post 235

Self-Hatred
Ever since I was a little boy
Escapism has been my only joy
Emotional barriers ban me from bonding with my brothers
I have merely vague verbal connections to others
Anytime I express anything holy, pure or even good
I make it so that I'm misunderstood
It is not in me
To measure up to the holy
I'll never be a missionary
The Boanerges spirit burnt out and left me
There is no use in lifting my ego from the ground
I'm too weary and beaten down

Hidden Flower
Why do you hide from us your grace
Conserving yourself humbly place
Beauty hidden among the mass
Of scores of weed among the grass
You tried too hard to rise over
The weeds then trampled to the floor

All I Want To Do
All I want to do is to escape the dark thoughts inside my head
Find my way into your bed
All I want to do
Is to remember you
Let me avoid the world's dark way
And just stay with you today

No comments:

Post a Comment