Wednesday, May 6, 2009

PP 238

Mt Kilimanjaro
Where's the snow of Mt Kilimanjaro?
Where is there for it to go?
Did anyone see it passing by?
Did it leave by river or by sky?
Strange things are happening in nature
Something is happening to its glaciers
All over the world there's less ice and yet less green fields
Nothing to counteract the pollution it builds
Our tundras have melted dry
Excessive clouds mount in the sky
Clouds just keep gathering as temperatures start to warm
Until the floodgates are full at the wake of an apocalyptic storm

I Knew God
In childhood I knew a kingdom without war
The Kingdom of God I was striving for
I knew only pure love and truth
I knew the logic and saw the proof
I felt safe drawing to the conclusion
That the Kingdom of God wasn't built on seclusion
I felt certain God rewarded the good
And saves all those doing as they should
No more sickness no more death
Resurrection giving our souls a second breathe
But as time wears on my spirit wears out
And my soul dies slowly as my faith begins to doubt

Growing Up
Growing up means learning to say goodbye
Through drifting apart to death to a million reasons why
Growing up means learning not to cry
Learning futile masking tricks mastered on the first try
Growing up means always feeling guilty
Loathing every lonely moment you spend free
Growing up means counting your money
To see your value in society

No comments:

Post a Comment